Second monitor

Half Evil

Golden Master
Alrighty..

I have a second Dell 17'' LCD monitor, that I want to use. I have no room on my desk for it, but I have this old school computer desk. Big ol oak think. The thing that covers my monitor and desk (it rests on the edges, where you can have printer/light/whatever on top of it. Well I also have a monitor sitting up there.

Is there any program I can use to hook up this second monitor to hook it up vertically?

I could use use it as the right monitor and do it that way, but thats quite annoying, I would much rather just move my mouse up to go to the monitor above my main one.

Ya when you setup extended mode on the second monitor in display settings just click on the 2nd monitor and drag it above monitor 1 that way to go to monitor 2 you just go up off the screen instead of moving it to the right. It should look like this instead of side by side. Hope this is what you meant.

Monitorsetup.jpg

I cant choose any monitor, my computer cant find the second one.

When I used it before, it was plug and play, but as of now, its like I never even plugged it in.

I traded spots on the back of the computer too and that didnt help at all.

Hmm thats weird. I tried it in Vista before I posted and it worked fine running extended on top bottom mode. My second display is just a normal plug and play gateway. Does it work in normal side by side extended mode? Maybe try restarting and see if it picks up that mode on reboot. That or search and see if there are some updated drivers what gpu are you using?

Well they arent the newest drivers, but it worked before on the same drivers. Ill plug them both in and restart it. Only thing that gets me is that I can plug them both it and the computer doesnt get the smaller one, but I can undo my big one, and it recondized the second one. So weird.

Back
Top Bottom