Second HDD problem

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I just Installed a new SATA western digital 160gb HDD. this is the second HDD to go into the system. it shows up in the BIOS, it was found when windows booted-up, it shows it in device manger, but of course it's not in "my computer". how do i get it to show up in "my computer"? i tried to update the driver(even though i'm pritty sure HDD don't have drivers). on top of the HDD it says master/slave jumpers not requird for SATA, so it not the jumper pins.

I'm at a total loss y it isn't working and any help would be nice. thanks in advance.

Right click on My Computer and choose Manage. Then browse to your disks and find the unformatted disk and format it as NTFS or FAT32, and good luck.

Ok thanks, it's formatting right now. just wanted to know what the dif is between NTFS and FAT32. i made mine NTFS just because thats what the other one was.

Fat 32 is the format for W98, and you can use it when you have a backup harddrive that could be used some time to interchange between XP (NTFS) and W98, so that last OS can recognize it.

Just a quick question. if i format it as FAT32, would it put MS-DOS on it so i could play all my old MS-DOs games?

O ya thanks for explaination of NYFS and FAT32.

Dishdog said:
Just a quick question. if i format it as FAT32, would it put MS-DOS on it so i could play all my old MS-DOs games?

O ya thanks for explaination of NYFS and FAT32.

Formating the drive to fat 32 will not satisfy the dos so as to play your old games. You would still need either an operating system that uses ms-dos or an emulator to simulate ms-dos.

Back
Top Bottom