Scythe Mudgen 2. AM2+ Cpu Cooler

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
Ok well i need a cpu cooler and based on the internetz this is the best choice:

Scythe Mudgen 2

Its a new cpu cooler so frostytech doesnt have a review on it yet, but xbit labs has a review and it basically shows that this heatsink cools 3-5C better than a thermalright ultra 120 and the thermalright ultra performs 2-4C better than the dark knight. So basically the Scythe Mudgen is the best socket 940 i can find i think. And i was gonna just buy it.

But as with all of parts in my build, i wanted this forums opinon. What do you guys think?? . My budget can be $80. And I really want a nice cooler because im planning on upgrading my cpu to the Phenom II series.

Thanks guys

Scythe is known for making very good coolers. The price is right and the performance is good. There's no use in spending more for another cooler when this one will do the job as well as or better then the more expensive coolers. Grab it and enjoy it's cooling goodness. :D

well i bought it. i was gonna go with the V8 from what i see on reviews the V8 doesnt perform better than the mudgen 2. and when testing with the core i7 the V8 actually performs bad Core i7 920 @ 3.7ghz 1.336vcore= V8:74C load. Mudgen 2:69C load. so the mudgen 2 should perform pretty well for my 7750

So yeah i guess your right rooster spending less gets me more. And As long as i've bought computer hardware i have never seen that happen xD

EDIT:
ill post some pics and load temps i get this cooler just in case someone else is interested in it

hey that looks cool dude

well yeah i guess, i mean i like how every 2 heatpipes that go up they basically have there own section of the heatsink, which seems like it would be really effective. but other than that its just a huge block of aluminum

@ Rohan:

i researched that heatsink for a few hours, it doesnt perform nearly as well as the mudgen 2. look at my OP

Its a new cpu cooler so frostytech doesnt have a review on it yet, but xbit labs has a review and it basically shows that this heatsink cools 3-5C better than a thermalright ultra 120 and the thermalright ultra performs 2-4C better than the dark knight.

the HDT-S1283 is basically a dark knight. the dark knight just is finished different and has an led fan. but also look at the design of the hdt compared to the scythe heatsinks:

HDT:
HDT-S1283-B.jpg

Mudgen 2:
Scythe_Mugen_2_01.jpg

Basically the HDT has 6 heatpipes to Mudgen's 10 heatpipes, Also the HDT weighs 580 grams w/out fan and the Mudgen 2 weighs 870 grams w/out fan. And also just every review i've seen the mudgen 2 blows the doors off the HDT.. but maybe you've seen a review that i havent rohan??

ah ok man, its just i bought the mudgen 2 last night and when you said that the HDT performs better i was kinda like.. shit

Back
Top Bottom