SATA Hard Drives . I need you smart people to help me !

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
Basicly can someone walk me though how to install 80GB Western Digital Satas in windows xp . I going to have them in raid 0 .

Please walk me though everything cause i am a nOOb with hard drives . And merry christmas!

What type of motherboard do you have? Generally you stick both drives in, and during boot you press a "f key" to get into your raid options, then just follow directions to set up your raid array. Then when installing windows do the following (copy and pasted from another one of my posts):

Windows XP came out before SATA so their are no SATA drives built in. You do NOT need any hard drive drivers. You need the drivers the SATA driversd that came with your motherboard. During setup - at the beginning, press f6 to "load scsi/raid drivers" aka hard drive controller card drivers, then when asked, specify additional hard drive drivers, and stick in a FLOPPY, yes it must be a FLOPPY a CD WON'T work, into drive A and let it find those drivers and use them. You must have a floppy drive to install Windows XP on SATA hard drive (an annoyance at most). That's it, just continues your Windows XP install like normal after this.

Back
Top Bottom