sapphire radeon 4650 1gb ddr2

Spec

Fully Optimized
radeon 4650, saphire 1gb gddr2 edition, any thoughts

so, i just got this card, anyone have any experience with the 1gb edition? i cant find a review ANYWHERE for the life of me for the 1gb edition, all i can find is the 512 versions. I just purchased this card and its not here yet, but i got it on a budget so i think it'll be better than my nvidia 7600gt atm :) lol

i usually run at 1440x900, in games would it perform efficientily? i hear it can run crysis on 1440x900 on medium settings and get a decent frame rate, and thats the 512 edition, so im hoping that it'll perform well.

ill be upgrading soon though, this was just a quick budget deal since i just purchased my new desktop, for the time being i hope it'll get me by.

I don't know about Crysis. I found this quote on the internet.

"And though this isn't what you'd call a gaming card, it will play games. Crysis is pretty much unplayable on the 8600 series, but at the lowest settings, the HD 4650 will make it through, if you can handle a little choppiness on occasion.

I think that the HD 4650 would make an excellent graphics card for an HTPC rig, probably the best use for this card. Full Blu-Ray decoding and 7.1 HD Audio via HDMI makes this a powerful but inexpensive card to run a home theater."

It should play it at low with little to no problems. Medium settings could be decent. I really don't have an answer for you. Just give it a try and see what happens.

alright thanks, one more question, its alot better than my xfx 7600gt right? Also i still cannot find a review for the 1gb edition of the card....

k thank you all :) ive gottan all my parts except my graphics card...wierd lol. still says its stuck in portland, currently im still runnin my 7600gt.

Back
Top Bottom