S-Video How Can I get it to work?

carlitos1

Baseband Member
I have a Compaq NX9005 and I am trying to get the S-Video output working so I can watch it on my TV, can anyone tell me how you enable the S-Video with my laptop so I can watch films etc through my TV? I have all the approriate wires.

Plug-in the cable to your TV, reboot your system, right-click on your desktop and go to properties, click the settings tab, and you should see two displays there.

ive done exactly what you said boss but im getting nothing. I do get two screens appearing under settings though, but when I open up a film in windows media player I get no picture on the tv? ive been through all the modes on the tv and my tv is svideo compatible

You should have an FN key, and a function button for the s-video port.. which lappy is it?

Thanks guys I got it sorted. Two things though

1. Sometimes when I have selected the TV Monitor as the main display the mouse dissapears and appears on the laptop but cant be seen on the tv? I dont touch anything but this happens, eventhough sometimes it works fine and I can see it on the TV, when it appears on the laptop I can no longer control the computer by clicking on icons etc. How do I fix this?

2. How can I resore my laptop display back to normal, icons look a bit dfferent eventhough nothing is connected?

1. you do NOT have to restart your computer

you only have to plug the stuff in, set your tv to the right mode
then go into your display properties, advanced if you have and ATI card you go to displays and enable the TV you have a choice of running the screens two ways

1. Both screens show the same information at the same time
2. One of the two screens is your main screen and the second one will be a extended desktop to the right of the main screen.

Back
Top Bottom