Router on the School's network

Szat

Daemon Poster
So a buddy of mine up the path has a Linksys router in his room and we want to use it to play CSS on a LAN, because the school's network blocked CSS this year for some reason. Now people have used wireless routers on the network before, but once the IT dept. gets notice of it (which is usually in a day or so) they shut it down. Is there a way to get the router to act like it's a PC on the network and work as a router for us? Thanks!

So a buddy of mine up the path has a Linksys router in his room and we want to use it to play CSS on a LAN, because the school's network blocked CSS this year for some reason. Now people have used wireless routers on the network before, but once the IT dept. gets notice of it (which is usually in a day or so) they shut it down. Is there a way to get the router to act like it's a PC on the network and work as a router for us? Thanks!

You won't find people to help you do that here. People will not help you brake your schools rules.

Yes there is most likely still a way to use that router to play CSS, but no one here is going to tell you if they know.

Well we're going to do it anyway, I'm just looking for some friendly help. I don't care about the consequences, because they would probably say good job if I figure this out anyway. We're not doing anything exploitive, except to play CSS.
The IT department is so stupid here, so they probably won't even know what's going on anyway.

Back
Top Bottom