router issue

Taylor1

Daemon Poster
I know there was another thread like this, with a similar problem but im not sure if that solution will help my slightly different problem...
Untitled.png

I have a pretty big house, and the router is in the basement so at first the wireless internet was kinda slow and not a very good signal. so i tried using an old linksys wired router we use for halo lan parties. The house is new so we have wired ethernet like in every room which is sweet but they are all not hooked up...only some. So i hooked up 3 of the computers to the linksys, and the wireless router hooked up to the linksys in an upstairs room for better signal. heres the problem though..the laptop will stay connected, but randomly lose internet...and its frustrating because its my moms laptop and she needs to use it and she kinda gets mad at me. All the other computers hooked up via linksys work fine... Also hooking up the ethernet cord from the linksys into the wireless router: both the internet port and normal ports work for giving out internet signal. soooo what shoudl i do?

Wireless routers can be a pain if you don't have the latest technology. Is your router a "g" or an "N"? Also if your mother is transferring or downloading large files this could cause the connection to be interrupted, depending on the signal strength and bandwidth of the router. Other things that can affect your signal are walls and distance from router. I would check your signal strength in different locations in the house, maybe you have some dead spots that you mom should stay clear of.

Back
Top Bottom