ROM Lines

MemoNick

Beta member
I'm currently studying Advanced Computing, and as I am revising, one of the questions I encountered was this: "Give TWO differences in the line configuration of a ROM chip when compared to a RAM chip."

I know that in theory, a ROM chip doesn't have a Write line, but I don't know what other lines are exclusive to the RAM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Thanks. I looked through it, yet I couldn't find what I was looking for. At least I don't think I did lol The article doesn't mention ROM, and when I opened the How ROM Works article, there was only a description of different ROMs (EPROM, EEPROM, PROM and ROM).

Not sure if it's part of the line configuration, but ROM usually isn't considered volitile (looses it's data with power loss).

Or at least, I think that's true...

Not sure if it's part of the line configuration, but ROM usually isn't considered volitile (looses it's data with power loss).

Or at least, I think that's true...

Exactly. That's the only other major difference I could think of. However I'd say it's not part of the line config. Thanks for the input :)

Back
Top Bottom