Rivatuner help

elpea117

Baseband Member
I know with 2.0 you could make it so that the fan on your graphics card throttles according to the temperature. I cant seem to figure out how to do that on 2.24, help?

Your graphic card should do that automatically.

You can manually set the fan to 100% by going to driver settings > click customize > click the first option 'System Settings' > click the fan tab. it cant be set by temperature throttling. If you have an Asus board you can use the q-fan program to do that

Well i dont want it at 100% because its rediculously loud and unnecessary. So i wanted to make it so that when i play video games (when the card is hot) to go up to 80 percent or so. and i know for a fact you could do that with 2.0.

But there is a setting 2D and 3D fan setting set the 2d fan setting at 20% (2d is when your just at your desktop) and set the 3D fan at 80-100% (for your games) but back to your question:

i have riva 2.24 and im looking around trying to find the setting your talking about. if i dont find it ill search around the internetz

driver settings > click customize > click the first option 'System Settings' > click the fan tab. If the drop down tab is set to auto control set it to direct control. And then set it accordingly and then click the startup settings option each time you change anything.

If it works for you let me know. If it does, ill continue to try to find you a temp controlled gpu fan program

This is in riva tuner? i cant find anything that says driver settings and customize.

Sorry this is what i meant, once you open riva tuner youll see driver settings right away (if your at the 'main' tab) and click customize:

Yeah mine sayings driver settings, and where yours says "forceware" mine says "Catalyst 8.12 detected" and theres no customize button.

I'd use the auto setting to control the fan speed. But set a minimum of 20% for example.

It means as soon as the OS loads up my fan speed drops to 20%.

But as the temperature of the GPU increases so does the fan speed. I.E. When playing a game or stressing the GPU.

It makes for a quieter computer.

Back
Top Bottom