Restricting Windows to users

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
What program will allow me to edit what icons will show up in the control panel, add/remove standard menu items in open windows (ie. File, Tools, Edit menus, etc) and things of that nature? Is it ActiveX or something? Our campus computers have this restrictions so students won't be allowed to perform certain functions in Windows and I like to apply that to my home computer too.

THey even have a way to disable the right-click mouse button. That is tight security. I suppose you can do that in the Mouse properties, but then you have to make the Mouse icon in the control panel dissapear. ANy ideas on programs that can do that? Thanks in advance.

I do support for some libraries and they have a program called Fortress installed on their computers. It locks the computer down and allows you to modify what parts of windows you don't want changed. Also, there is a tool that Bill Gates created through the Gates Foundation that government establishments use sometimes. It basically creates profiles for public use and allows you to lock the computer on these profiles so that only certain tasks can be performed. As for getting these tools, I am not exactly sure how or where you would get them.

Great links guys. I'm going to try both of those programs. They sound like what I am looking for. I was looking at Stardocks website and there are a lot of links like Desktop X, Icon Packager, etc. that looks like it does similar things too. Has anyone installed and use those programs before? What component of Windows does it alter?

Back
Top Bottom