Removing Heatsink Cooler from Motherboard

jashan17

In Runtime
How do I? theres like two little pushy things on either side of the heatsink. http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/477/nvidia_680i_lt.jpg the one on the top right with the fins above the cpu socket. I want to remove it and fit it back in again since its vibrating against something i dont know why.

?, no one likes me here...

EDIT: The thing at the top right above the cpu is loose, its really wobbly but i cant take it out and push it in. the push pin things do not click when pushed all the way...hmmm..

I've never heard of the capacitor heatsink coming loose. Let alone one vibrating as they have no fan.

All I can offer is to be very careful working with that so you don't knock any of the capacitors loose. Hopefully somebody else has some insight as to how those things are attached.

yah, its definitely the problem, i need help to put it back in, its like wobbling when i move it.

If the pin isn't clicking home it may well be faulty and you may need to replace it. I would suggest removing the board from the case and trying to reset the pin, at least that way you can see why it is failing to catch behind the board.

If you can't get the pin to hold I guess there's really only two options, warranty or replace the pin with a bolt.

Back
Top Bottom