Reinstalling windows?

XxGamerFanxX

Solid State Member
Hello,

My desktop computers has quite a few problems and I was wondering if reinstalling windows xp would help. It seemed to help my laptop which had way more problems. Certain programs won't start, I know there are viruses, and all the time these boxes pop up. (for example) At the top it says itunes.exe - bad image. At the bottom it would say The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\wowfx.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. Would reinstalling windows xp help with these problems?

Reinstalling Windows always helps my computers out. I usually do it once a year. It keeps the computer clean, and dramatically helps performance right after a format. I just formatted my computer about a month ago (P4 3.06 GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD) and it shuts down in 12 seconds and boots around 40 seconds. Just make sure you have all your device drivers and copies of software you want to install, back up your files, and when you reinstall Windows XP (after booting from the CD), make sure to format and not just reinstall. That will dramatically improve your performance.

Just make sure you format the HDD. Reinstalling windows on top of what you have wont do anything.

Back
Top Bottom