Refill your own ink!

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Ok, I came here because I know someone probably already does this - refills ink. I'm not saying for just one type of printer, but for most of them: HP, Lexmark, Canon, Brother, all of those... What do I need to know? I know you can refill with a serenge and some back ink (have seen it before) but are all of them the same? Do you need the same "type" of black or color ink for all of the different makes? I have no idea... lol

Thanks

-Q

They actually make ink refill kits. I have seen them in stores such as K-mart, Wal-Mart, and Target. They usually have on the back of the packaging what ink cartridges it supports, and there is usually more than one brand/type. I have never used one myself, but I think its fairly easy.

Pretty easy..though you can only fill each cartridge so many times before the print head wears out. I only fill it 3 times max then get a new one. The quality isn't quite as good as buying a new cartridge though. 1 tip. Make sure to stand the cartidge on a piece of paper towel or something for 10 mins after efilling so the ink stops flowing through..never put it in printer still leaking.

I was thinking of getting big things of ink though, instead of the little tubes. Like, gallon jug type things.
What I was asking about is, If I get black ink, will the black ink work for them all, and if I get color, will it work for them all? or most of them,...

Pretty easy..though you can only fill each cartridge so many times before the print head wears out. I only fill it 3 times max then get a new one. The quality isn't quite as good as buying a new cartridge though. 1 tip. Make sure to stand the cartidge on a piece of paper towel or something for 10 mins after efilling so the ink stops flowing through..never put it in printer still leaking.
I have refilled cartriges once and then they started not working right and not printing right so I ended up buying new ones. I really think that you can only do it once and then you have to get new ones. Sometimes it's messy and a pain in the neck, then if you touch the ink cartrige in the wrong spot, like on the end where the ink comes out or the side where the electronics are for communicating with the printer, you can ruin it. It's probably best not to handle ink cartriges that much.

Back
Top Bottom