Recommend a Printer For me - Cheap, Easy to Refill, High-Quality Color, Wifi Ready

dudeman07

Beta member
Title Says it ALL! I am a Realtor and pay out the rear for color prints at my office (30c page) and frequently I want to print several hundred color flyers or brochures. Right now I have a Canon Laser Print/Copy/Scan/Fax I am very pleased with for all my Black & White needs, mostly because I bought it on sale for $160 and even though the toner refills cost $70+ I found a refill kit and bought a lifetime supply of ink for around $30 or so, I've already printed several thousand pages with it.. I'll probably never use all the ink I have for it. Basically, I want the exact same thing in color, doesn't have to be laser, and it doesn't need to copy, scan, or fax, I would like to be able to hook it up to my wireless network and have the only cable running out of it the power cord. I really like Kodak printers, but am open to suggestions.

Anyone, anyoen, Bueler? Bueler?

Remember, requirements (in order):

Cheap
Easy and Affordable to Refill myself
High Quality Color Printing (photo quality, albeit on normal paper, not talking printing the "photo paper")
Wireless Network Ready
Printing Speed

Define cheap. That could mean anything between $75 and $300 for a printer.

If you are going to be printing photos, the only printer I can recommend is the Epson Artisan. I have the 810, and the difference between it and any other printer I've tried is night and day. Its prints beat the ones you get made at drug stores.

I don't recommend printing onto normal paper though. The photo paper is definitely worth it. If you insist on using regular paper, then it really doesn't matter which one you get. They'll all look bad. In that case, I recommend the epson workforce 610. It can be had for less than $100 nowadays.

You want to refill the cartridges? That would be a no-no if you want decent color. I've used a couple of those kits before, and the quality was terrible.

I wouldn't recommend the artisan for what they want. I own the 800, and find it is an ink HOG when printing anything color, unless they drastically improved that with the 810.

I wouldn't recommend the artisan for what they want. I own the 800, and find it is an ink HOG when printing anything color, unless they drastically improved that with the 810.

I've printed tons of photos from mine, and I've never replaced the ink. And I'm using high gloss paper, so that uses a whole lot more ink than matte.

It must be a bit different than the 800 then, because I get maybe a total of 40 photos on high gloss, and pretty much every color is drained.

It must be a bit different than the 800 then, because I get maybe a total of 40 photos on high gloss, and pretty much every color is drained.

Are you printing 8x10s or something? I've been through an entire pack (100) of 4x6 glossy paper, and I've printed a few larger photos, and the ink still hasn't run out.

Yes, most of them were 8 x 10s, I think maybe 10 of them were 4 x 6 for my last round of ink.

Back
Top Bottom