Recommend me a wireless repeater

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
I need something to help get the shared internet connection between my aunt and her neighbors (family, and which they have both agreed to and are paying for) because the signal strength is low in the living room where she would use her laptop and only works in the bathroom which isn't the most ideal place for a computer if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I made a thread earlier about extending the signal and someone recommended using a repeater but which repeater would be the best?

The router is some sort cheap, horrible Bell Aliant-bundled router that Aliant (the ISP) supplied when they set up the internet connection. At 192.168.2.1, it says "SpeedStream 4200-Series" for System Type... I guess that's the router.

Edit: I stand corrected. The SpeedStream 4200 thing is the modem and the router is actually a D-LINK WBR-1310.

With that said, which repeater would be compatible with any router (or the router listed above)? I've looked at a relatively expensive Linksys but for compatibility, it just lists some Linksys routers. Knowing absolutely nothing about network connections, I need help.

Back
Top Bottom