Really Cheap Z-5500's

Taylor1

Daemon Poster
Right now dell is selling the Z-5500s alot cheaper, their original price is $260 and right now they are down to $220 and this ends august 2. So if you are one of those people who wanted these and couldnt or didnt want to save $300 dollars, nows your chance to get them. Im gonna get them in a few days. And theres free shipping also. fyi im not a dell employee, im just trying to give everyone a heads up on a good deal.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0405790

Wow...I paid $300 for mine. Definitely get 'em guys if you're looking for some nice surround speakers, they're great.

I'm thinking of buying these speakers, but I wouldn't use them for gaming really, only music.
Plus, I'd need to buy an X-FI or something to have the surround sound since I only have a 4.1 card right now, and I already have Creative Inspire 2.1's which sound pretty good.

Are these worth getting in that case? Or, shall I opt for the cheaper 2.1 set if its just as powerful but less speakers? And will I notice a difference compared with my set now, worthy enough for the upgrade?

Eh, I'd just stick with your current setup. You'll see better quality probably, but not by much. If you really like speakers that can pound out bass though, the Z-5500's are where it's at.

Music is only recorded in 2 channels, so getting a 5.1 setup for music is kinda pointless. You have to either play the same thing from some of the speakers, or use Dolby Pro Logic to decode it into surround sound.

Well X-FI sound cards come with a Dolby Pro-Logic 2 encoder, capable of making music 5.1.
Power DVD has a software Pro-Logic 2 encoder, and when I tried it, blew me away, since unlike Pro-Logic 1, the channels are true stereo.

I tihnk i'll stick with my setup for now, but even though I'd upset my parents, more bass is good (my speakers now distort at full bass/treble. They never used to)

Yeah, the Z-5500's actually come with a Pro Logic II decoder. I actually prefer it to the Pro Logic IIx decoder on my sound card. It also takes the work off the CPU...

don't get Creative sound cards...please? I would never get another creative sound card unless they fired their driver development team and hired a whole new team. Wait for the Auzentech Prelude to come out and get that. It uses the X-fi chipset while having higher components compared to the Creative card. And for those of you wanting to use EAX in Vista, sorry, but you can't.

don't get Creative sound cards...please? I would never get another creative sound card unless they fired their driver development team and hired a whole new team. Wait for the Auzentech Prelude to come out and get that. It uses the X-fi chipset while having higher components compared to the Creative card. And for those of you wanting to use EAX in Vista, sorry, but you can't.

Your so dead on with that! There driver support sucks. I had reinstalled Vista when I got my 680i and I had downloaded creatives latest X-Fi driver. Dumbest thing I could have done. I installed everything then went to reboot. My computer came back up and all of the sudden my speakers started squeaking and hissing really bad! There latest driver has a bug that doesn't carry digital out over a restart and it completely jacks the speakers everytime you restart. It has something to do with the SPDIFPassthrough that causes the problem.

Thankfully I was able to find the old drivers and used them without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom