re-installing windows...

jamaicanbob

Baseband Member
I recently got some viruses, got an external hard drive enclosure and backed up all my stuff. Now I want to reinstall windows.

I lost my xp disk, so I downloaded a torrent. I have tried like 6 separate files. Two of them work... but says it can't find the hard disk. I pressed F6 and got the SATA drivers loaded onto a floppy. I hit S to specify an additional device, and it tells me to load the floppy in. But it just says "looking" or something to that effect and after about 10 seconds the same screen telling me to load the floppy and press enter comes up. I have tried about 6 different driver files... and ones for both sata controllers from this site http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=1839 I have tried all 4 SATA ports on the motherboard. I dont know what to do!!!!!!!

I have GA-K8NS ultra-939 motherboard

I have put so many hours in trying to get this damn thing to work... please help me.

hello Friend :]

Did you go into the BIOS and change the IDE/SATA Config
I have had prior problems reformatting and changing it to the SATA
or the AUTO setting does read the HD without loading drivers

if u havent give that a tryy

Well that didnt work, but I looked at the other settings in the BIOS and messed around. There was one that said something like SATA-2 PHY and it was disabled... set to enable and voila!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe that is what it was.... I didnt change any f those settings and my puter worked fine for almost 5 years then all of a sudden BOOM. I dont know how it happened but I am so excited that I have it back finally.

Now I get to download all kinds of drivers since my cds are all 5 hours away!!!

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom