Re-Install Windows?

Snow_Spy

Beta member
Hi everyone & Happy new year! I was hoping that someone could just set me on the right track only I'm using windows me and it's not too welll to say the least so I just wanna delete it.... format the whole thing and re-install windows again. How would I go about doing this? Some advice on what computer to get if buying a new one would so also be much appreciated. Thanks, Snow.

Make a Windows Boot Disk, By going to -

start/settings/control panel/add remove programs/

and click on the startup disk tab, Then click create disk.

Make sure you have backed up all your important data, such as pictures, documents, emalils etc. because all of these will be deleted.
Also make sure you have all your drivers on CD, If you don't you might be able to download them.

Then restart your computer with the startup disk in drive a and start the computer with CD ROM support. when you come to the a: prompt type -

fdisk

Then delete the current partition that you are using. (I think it's number 3)

Then after it's deleted it create a new one in fdisk (I think its number 1)

Then when you get back to the a: prompt type

c:

Then at the c prompt type

format c:

Then you'll get a m,essage asaying all data on non removable drive c: will be erased, so just say yes :)

After it's formatted put the windows ME CD in youre cd drive and type

x:/setup

X being your CD Drive.

Then windows ME will install, after that, instal all your drivers and stuff, all your programs and data.

I you have eny problems ask :)

You might as well upgrade to something a little more stable while you're at it. Windows ME is horrible. It's no wonder you want to delete it ;)

You should upgrade to Windows 2000 or XP, but if your computer doesn't support it, even Windows 98 would be a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom