Rate my new Media Centre PC I built :)

looks pretty good, definently gonna want a bigger hdd, but you already know that obviously. does it play the ps games on the computer or on the playstation, just out of curiousity.

xtremezx2 said:
looks pretty good, definently gonna want a bigger hdd, but you already know that obviously. does it play the ps games on the computer or on the playstation, just out of curiousity.

The PC itself plays them either through ISO images on it or straight from the games disks in the computers drive. I do own a PSone but i don't use it anymore.

To the other person, I got this Micro-ATX case because it was cheap, only £10(bout $18) as it has a scratch on top. But for my tight budget it does the job well. Its not the quietest of computers, but when your watching a movie or playing a game etc you can't hear it at all.

I woulda gone for a much better case if I had the money, i'll deffo get a bigger hdd when I get more cash, its not a big problem though because i'm storing a lot of my media on another computer on my LAN to save space. My main concerns is getting a WLAN card for internet and a new TV Tuner.

I got the AMD CPU because for a budget processor its pretty nifty for the price. It was either a Sempron or a Celeron on another chipset, and c'mon, Celerons are the Skoda of CPU's lol

By the looks of things, they both only have a single tuner.

Therefore, I would recommend saving up for longer until you can afford a dual tuner card.

The advantage with dual tuner cards is that you can record one thing while watching another, and if it's in your living room then this is what you really need.

I would recommend the Black Gold cards:

Custom PC Review

You could buy a single card (£60) and then when you can afford it, buy another :)

Back
Top Bottom