raptor not detected? help im dumb!

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
I just got a western digital raptor drive and a sata controller card and put it into my two year old hp computer.

i installed the drivers for the sata card and i think its working. also, i can see that the new drive is detected as wd raptor bla bla bla when booting up.

The problem is the drive is not showing up in "my computer". have i missed a step? im new to sata and such, plus the drive is second hand so i didnt recieve instructiuon manual.

thanks.
any help appreciated.

right click on my computer go down to manage and click on it. a window should appear in which there should be a selection for disk managemtn onthe left hand side at the bottom. once you have lciked on it the box to the right of it should come up with all of your drives attached to your comp, including dvd etc

if you see your raptor there in black, right click on it and partion it. this will assign a drive letter and format it so windows can pick it up in my computer

this works for xp, i dont know about anyother windows. nice hard drive as well. i have a 35g raptor and the os opens so qiuck now, not to mention the fresh install of xp

Back
Top Bottom