Raptor HDD ???

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
(Edited)

About 6 month ago when I was getting my comp I was thinking about getting a raptor hdd, a 10,000 rpms one, but the store ménage told me its not a good idea because the more rpm's the hdd the more chances you have of it crashing/braking..etc on you is that true?

What is Faster, A 150G Raptor with 10,000rpm or 2 WD 400G 7,200rpm in a raid 0?

Zer0Cool said:
About 6 month ago when I was getting my comp I was thinking about getting a raptor hdd, a 15,000 rpms one, but the store ménage told me its not a good idea because the more rpm's the hdd the more chances you have of it crashing/braking..etc on you is that true?

What is Faster, A 500G Raptor with 15,000rpm or 2 WD 400G 7,200rpm in a raid 0?

first of all they only make 10,000 rpm raptors and the only models out right now are 74 GB and 150 GB, i wish we could all make up arbitrary numbers and pretend they exist, ill demonstrate:

whats better a quad core conroe, or my athlon x2 at 13.5 Ghz?

p.s. probably the conroe.

what that store guy told you sounds like BS to me .

raptors are like the fastest drives about , dunno if it is better than 2 7200rpm drives in raid ,

btw if you cant afford a raptor or want more storage than just 150gb go for a seagate perpendicular recording drive they are 2nd best to a raptor

btw thought the newest raptors was only 10k rpm

Zaki said:
first of all they only make 10,000 rpm raptors and the only models out right now are 74 GB and 150 GB, i wish we could all make up arbitrary numbers and pretend they exist, ill demonstrate:

whats better a quad core conroe, or my athlon x2 at 13.5 Ghz?

p.s. probably the conroe.

Sorry about the imaginary numbers, i guess i mixed something up... I just edited it.

muz379 said:
what that store guy told you sounds like BS to me .

raptors are like the fastest drives about , dunno if it is better than 2 7200rpm drives in raid ,

btw if you cant afford a raptor or want more storage than just 150gb go for a seagate perpendicular recording drive they are 2nd best to a raptor

btw thought the newest raptors was only 10k rpm

i didnt say that they weren't i sad that they will break faster, like a in a year u have a big possebility of them breaking..is that true?

and i have planty of storage i have 800G and 500G exturnal. Been trying to format my windoes for the past day or 2, but because of the raid i have set up im having problems finding the right 3rd party drivers, nothing seemms to work..o well eventually i will figuer it out.

thanks anywayz

so which is faster, a 150G Raptor with 10,000rpm or 2 WD 400G 7,200rpm in a raid 0?

thanks

Sounds to me like you need to go to a different computer store to get your parts. There is nothing the matter with Raptors breaking prematurely.

And if you want it to be really fast, get 2 74gb raptors in raid 0.

Thats the whole thing im trying to get my windows on the singe drive no raid's but i dont want to deminish the speed, so which is faster A 150G Raptor with 10,000rpm or 2 WD 400G 7,200rpm in a raid 0?

personally, even if the RAID 0 came out to be faster, i still don't trust it. if one drive fails then your are S.O.L.

Personally i belive the Raptors are worth it, even if they are somewhat small in size. Worse come to worse, buy two.

as for the raptors failing prematurly,like tommy said, thats a bunch of BS. There is just as much of a chance of them failing early as every other drive.

EDIT: 2X 7200 Drives in raid 0 > A single Raptor

PS i have a raptor, and they carry a 5 Year warrenty, And are very will built drives.

the higher RPM does not make them more likley to fail,

Many Servers use high quality 15,000/10,000 RPM drives

LambOfGod said:
i would put my money on a single raptor vs a standard 7200 RPM drives in raid 0

:D

PS i have a raptor, and they carry a 5 Year warrenty, And are very will built drives.

the higher RPM does not make them more likley to fail,

Many Servers use high quality 15,000/10,000 RPM drives
read somewhere that scsi is due for the 20k drive

So if i would to switch from 2WD Hdd 7,200rpm's in a raid 0 config to at 10,000 rpm raptor will i see any perfromace degration on my current system?

Back
Top Bottom