Random Shutting Down

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Today I got BF2 to work. Well it shut down I figure overheating no biggie. Because it just literally shut down. I got a 350 W PSU supplying the specs in my sig. Along with 2 fans 80 MM fans that I run higher end games. However today on guild wars it shut down on me. I saw what looked like BSOD but it passed really quickly. I heard of a memory test? But I got a GB of ram. And guild wars isn't a demanding game. Any solutions at all? No I don't have a PSU to swap out.

It sounds like a PSU issue to me. You could download memtest86 and test the memory, but it sounds more like a heat/power issue than anything. Try running the computer with the side off for a while, and see if it shuts down on you. If it does, then you probably are looking at a PSU issue. If not, you are probably looking at a heat issue, and need more cooling inside the case.

Erm never has been a problem before though. Ok i'll try it hoping memory prob. But how likely do you think it is that its PSU? ITS LIKE A 2 TO 3 YEAR OLD psu sorry for caps.

And they may be just the issue, the PSU is 2-3 years old. It's probably been strained many times over time, and it's just dropping voltages enough to make your computer reboot. Other things you may want to try:
If the computer is plugged into a surge strip- plug it directly into the wall.
If the computer is plugged into a UPS- plug it directly into the wall.
If the computer is plugged into the wall- move it to another plug, and a different circuit- keep in mind that most plugs in the same room will be on the same circuit.

I've done those steps already. I got a hunch that its time for a new PSU. Think i'll get me a nice 600 watter overheating I don't think is the issue memory isn't the issue its the PSU. I mean it is near its max. And its getting older 600 watt should do me good for a while now.

Good job- you already knew the answer and took the right steps to find a solution.
You really didn't need me at all then ;)

Back
Top Bottom