random restarts

DirtBikeRidr

In Runtime
i just build this computer, and its giving my a poop load of problems.

one of my main problem, it gives random restarts with out any warning. i hav xp pro sp1 installed, p4, 1gb patriot ram, wd 250bg hdd, asus mobo.

i hav only WoW, and aim install on this computer, and even wow was hard to install, i couldnt install it from the cd, i had to transfer files from one computer to another

is this computer getting hot or something?

any help would be useful

What size PSU are ya using? Have ya tried reseating the various components? Are all ya fans working?

It's the mobo. ASUS is god awful. I had one, and it wouldn't even display anything. RMA'd, 3 weeks later it returns. Starts to show stuff, but now anything I try to install or download is "corrupted", and I get a ton of BSOD's and lockups. Never getting ASUS again.

P.S. I'm looking for some good reliable mobos to replce mine with. I would need a SLI, nforce 4, AMD x2 compatible one.

Depending on what mobo you have ASUS is still God just look at the benchmarks. If you don't want ASUS anymore go to an MSI board. Other than that your Gigabyte mobo is not that good. If you got it to work great. Best board I could say would be an MSI with SLI on the mobo. Try www.newegg.com to get motherboard like that.

Back
Top Bottom