Ram in vista

wee493

In Runtime
How much ram can Vista 32bit support?
Is there ways to get around that, or get it to discover a little more?:confused: :)

3.25 GB and no. It can use all 4+, just not address it.

? what do u mean it can use all 4GB but not address it ? exlplain a lil more please mate.

i always thought 32 bit OS's can only use / recognise 3.25Gb and 64bit i like 128Gb depending on which version of vista

Windows can only see the 3.25, but the motherboard can still use all of the RAM. That is assuming my sources are correct, If you can prove me wrong, please do.

That's true. I can't play BF2 on high texture settings anymore in Vista when I could in XP. This is with 2 GB RAM too.

Windows can only see the 3.25, but the motherboard can still use all of the RAM. That is assuming my sources are correct, If you can prove me wrong, please do.

sorry i wasnt trying to tell you that it was wrong its just i always thought different.

but doesnt the OS have alot to do with what programs use how much memory ? therefore anymore than 3.25Gb would be a waste or would the motherboard take over from there and use the rest ?

In a 32 bit operating system, you can have however much RAM you want, but you will never be able to use more than 3.25 GB of it.

Back
Top Bottom