RAM issue

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I just installed a corsair 512mb Ram chip. i already had one in. they are the exact same chip.

First problem: when i turn my computer on it gives one short beep. i coudn't find the thread that had what the beeps ment.

Second: i can't find where to turn on dual channel mode in my BIOS. the chips are in the right places. it doesn't put it in dual automatically like i thought it did.

the RAM works and my computer is a lot faster. these are really problems, just things that can be better.

OK one beep meens everything is "A-OK". thats weird becase before there was no beep lol. Anybody know how to make it dual channel?

Well of if it is a system you have had for a while you sort of "tune out the beep" after a while, same thing with people and smoke detectors when the battery is low it will beep every 30 seconds but some how people find a way to "ignore" it and never replace the batterys.

dual channel should be automatic if your board allows it. If it does and your system is not showing it as operational then you have either put the ram sticks in the wrong sockets or the ram itself is faulty and will not enable dual channel.

Yeah it should be. Check it is in properly as the beep could be saying something.

Plus, it is possible you also could have got a faulty chip :( Its not impossible, and would cause weird problems. I know that by now...

It shows the chip and they are both in the section A part. could/would the dual channel only be defective?

Hmm maybe, but its more to be the new chip. Beeps usually mean bad things though at bootup...

Back
Top Bottom