Raid??

josh3159

Baseband Member
I have a 200 GB harddrive, but there is this raid utility thing that starts up when I boot... When boot is complete. IT says I only have a 125 GB Harddrive. I just built this computer... I shouldnt have used 75 gigs on something. Anyone know what Raid means and what it is?

If you built the computer, do you know if you used a RAID card (which is a 3rd party card you install in an open PCI slot to connect additional hard drives to) to install the 200GB drive? Usually when you install one, it will come with some type of utility that stays in the task bar. Try looking into Disk Management and see if you can see the rest of the drive. You may have to use the drive as 2 Dynamic disks.

RAID
Redundant Array of Independent Drives....it's for 2 or more drives, you only have one so you can disable the raid controller in your device manager.
As for the hard drive, make sure you have the latest bios update for your motherboard that has big drive support.

Yes i just recently built this computer... This is my card....

EVGA e-geforce 6800 GS w/ copper heatsink core clock: 490 MHZ Memory colck: 1100MHZ SLI READY DDR3 256 Mb PCI E.

ANd where is disk managment. REally sorry I am really new.. I am trying to learn.

thanks

Tommy Boy said:
RAID
Redundant Array of Independent Drives....it's for 2 or more drives, you only have one so you can disable the raid controller in your device manager.
As for the hard drive, make sure you have the latest bios update for your motherboard that has big drive support.

where can i find the device manager?

start > control panel > performance and maintenance > system > click the hardware tab > then click device manager and all your components will be listed there. You should see the raid controller there, just right click and disable it.

when I boot. it says If i press like f2 or somthing that I can get in to the raid utilitys, but I dont want to mess anything up when that happnes. If i dont press anything it still starts up, just takes a little bit longer.

ok found it. thanks.. this should just make the RAID turn off, and I should have the full 200 GB HARD drive now?

Back
Top Bottom