Quick Question About RAM

Ricardo_85

Beta member
I have ran a anti virus scan, registry scan, spyware scan ect.

My computer is taking a long time to load up and shut down programs could this be because i havent got enough ram. also its leave bits of the windows they where in behind.

Got 1gb of ram (as 2 x 512)
running windows vista

cheers in advance

you definitely need more ram. windows vista uses a lot of it of it. upgrade to windows 7 or upgrade your ram. this is information from a newbie. so don't take my information to seriously

Yea, you definitely need more memory. The sweet spot for Vista x64 is 4GB, where Vista x32 needs at least 3GB.

Absolutely. These guys nailed it.

If you want to post your specs (if you know what motherboard you are using and what version of vista you are using..32bit or 64bit) feel free. If you do not know, we can walk you through how if you are interested in upgrading. Welcome to CF!

cheers people got some memory in the post another quick question got 2 x 512 cards can you just take both out at once and replace them with 2 x 2gb cheers again

Yup - as long as the memory is compatible with your motherboard that should be fine.

...where Vista x32 needs at least 3GB.
To be honest, Vista x32 only really works with around that amount, any less and it grinds to a halt, any more and it ignores it ;)

Back
Top Bottom