questions xP

Duality1

BSOD
i know i probably sound like an idiot asking these questions but i am new to this stuff

1. what does OEM on some processors im seeing

2. is dual channel memory superior to regular memory, im seeing 1GB (2X512MB) that is generally more expensive than 1GB sticks

thanks

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

In other words, they send it to you without the box or instruction manual, and without a warranty.

2x512MB sticks are generally more expensive because if you have two sticks, it increases the amount of bandwidth that you can have. If you buy 2,1GB stciks, the same result will occur.

"2x512MB sticks are generally more expensive because if you have two sticks, it increases the amount of bandwidth that you can have."

Do note, that for this to happen, you'd need to get Dual Channel memory, and dual channel motherboard (though these can be easily found nowadays) so no worries :)

I just realized that the 1GB stick that I bought for my PC wasn't Dual Channeled. Ugh. :p

It basically makes the computer faster in other words, giving it more of whats in the RAM in faster time, and os programs, etc will run faster as a result

Kuberr said:
I just realized that the 1GB stick that I bought for my PC wasn't Dual Channeled. Ugh. :p

You have to have 2 sticks in order to have dual channel RAM

r53s said:
It's something like Kage posting...very fast...

Ha ha! So basically if you get to 512 sticks instead of the 1GB one, the RAM the computer will go quicker...

Back
Top Bottom