A question on building a PC...

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I am thinking of building my own ultimate gaming PC and I was wondering how much this would cost?

I would like all the latest components (dual core processors, fastest and most powerful graphics card, the whole works except a sound card).

Could you guys give me a list of all the best stuff and how much (roughly) it would cost to build (power supply, cables, HDD, dvd drive etc included).

I'm English so I don't know whether there is a price difference in the US of A

Thanks

well for all the best stuff you could get up to $5000. Are you willing to go that high or are you talking more like $3000, $2000...

Your looking into the 2k zone...You'll want an AMD 4800+ with 2x 7800GTX's

AMD 4800+ = £600!!!!!!!
7800 GTX = £400 each

Then you have all the other stuff which is going to be about another £500...

Wow, I didn't realize it could cost up to $5000. My limit would be around $2500

99nasha said:
Your looking into the 2k zone...You'll want an AMD 4800+ with 2x 7800GTX's

AMD 4800+ = £600!!!!!!!
7800 GTX = £400 each

Then you have all the other stuff which is going to be about another £500...

That's quite much it. Just remember to get a good PSU, I'd say atleast 500W. And ofcourse make sure the other parts are also good quality. Oh and get 2GB RAM. And I don't know if that £500 will be enough for the other parts but I think u can get the whole thing with under £2500.

Well, still, for $2500 you can get a plenty good pc, just not the best on the market right now. I personally would wait until amd's m2 mobo'se come out. They come with ddr2 and who knows, maybe crossfire will be more popular. I'm going to get that myself... ddr2 and a crossfire mobo with dual x1800xl's. WOO! hot... lol...

my pc costed around 3500. but i had a fx 57 processor and dual 6800ultras. i mean wat kind of gaming u going to do? i mean i am a serious gamer now since i built the pc. i play everthing on high. if ur looking to play games on medium 2500 will be more than enough.

Feircepc said:
my pc costed around 3500. but i had a fx 57 processor and dual 6800ultras. i mean wat kind of gaming u going to do? i mean i am a serious gamer now since i built the pc. i play everthing on high. if ur looking to play games on medium 2500 will be more than enough.

Dude, you can still get a massively awesome pc and play settings on high for $2500... you don't have to have a $3500 pc to play games on high. You can overclock, etc. to achieve an amazing setting...

Back
Top Bottom