Question about start-up files???

compfusion

Beta member
a while ago i remember someone said i could change what starts up when my computer is turned on by usuing that run... thing in the start menu but i forgot how to do it, if someone knows a way to change wut starts up on comps plz let me know ty.

start>run>type in "msconfig">go to start up tab and uncheck what you don't want. make sure you don't turn something off that you don't know what it does, this can lead to major problems. post the name if you think it's bad or you don't want it but your not sure if you can turn it off.

yeah uh..don't uncheck anythng you're not sure of one the guys at my dad's office did that he had to go throug a bunch of crap to get it right.

yeah DON'T play with it as well

If you ever do break it boot into Safe mode login to an admin account and access MS Config then check the box that says 'Normal Startup'

In the start menu, not msconfig, to remove a program rt click and delete. To ad a program find the exe file for it, create a shortcut to the desktop, then drag and drop the shortcut to the start menu in start-programs.

isn't it in the start menu the the words "startup" and you can do what per says by just copying the .exe file.

But there is a lot of programs that aren't in the startup menu that start up anyways. thats where the msconfig comes in handy. it's usally ad-ware that you have to turn off in msconfig.

yeah but he wanted something that was directly in the start menu and i wanted to let him know that you had to put it in start up but ms config is by far the most customizable.

hey thx for all ur input guys the msconfig did the trick. i found what i needed to fix and didnt mess with anything else so my comp still running great thx again for u help

Back
Top Bottom