Question About Slot1 Processors

Cartman00

Baseband Member
I just got a slot1 processor for my sisters computer i was wondering if u need to put any thermal paste on it and if so how would it stay on it has no heatsink next to the cpu at all.... just wondering if i was supposed to put thermal paste on it

what is this slot one prossosr if it has no heatsink on it and has been working fine that means it ages old. And means it wont benifit from thermal paste., without a heatsink.

slot 1? lol..we're talking amd athlon's lol..throw it away? :p

I think he means most people after another PC use what they have lying around...

and if thats a sot one processor then thats good.

There are two types of slot one processor...
genuine Intel.
these are te ones that are cased in black plastic, some have only ha;f a plastic case, and a heat sink attaches to the actual chip, others might have a small fan assisted heatsink to help cool the plastic caseing.

Or Celeron,
these don't have plastic cases at all, and you can apply heat sink to the chip directly, the heatsink ataches with a clip that goes through holes in the processor card.

Slot one processors run quite cold (so thermal pase shouldn't be required.) certainly there is no point in putting the thermal past on the plastic casing.

:'( *sniffle* But if hes putting it in there as an upgrade, you realy gutta get a better upgrade..cuz ithe improvement wont be noticable.

Back
Top Bottom