Question about ram

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i have 2 ram, a 512 and 256 on my computer, and with the graphics card, it adds 128. i checked my computer and it shows 752 mb ram, adding them up, shouldnt i have 896mb ram instead of 752 mb ram? my computer cant overclock or anything, so is it possible for me to make it to 896 mb instead of buying anything new?

Hey,

I'm a tad lost here.....you have 512 and a 256mb RAM sticks...thats roughly 760mb or whatever....YOu say your graphics card has 128mb, that is VRAM (Video RAM), not the System RAM that you need to run applications, they are different and seperate

If your graphics card is onboard and shares system RAM, then the 128mb would be subtracted from the 760, thats roughly 630mb....

Matt

You have 768 MB of RAM. The 128 MB from your video card is completely seperate, and it doesn't count for the system RAM. The 752 it shows is about right.

I doubt he has onboard video, if he did, it would show a lot less than 752 MB RAM.

well, my friend has an 1gb of ram, and a graphics card, but when i see his specs, it says 1024 mb ram, isnt that equal to 1gb? how come he didnt lose any ram?

Teny said:
well, my friend has an 1gb of ram, and a graphics card, but when i see his specs, it says 1024 mb ram, isnt that equal to 1gb? how come he didnt lose any ram?

He probably has a dedicated video card. Dedicated video cards use their own memory and don't have to use system RAM, while integrated graphics feed off of the system RAM and use that as graphics memory.

You wont notice not having 20kb more of memory. I couldnt say it any better than freestyler.

Back
Top Bottom