Question about Liquid Cooling.

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Ok, i am considering doing liquid cooling in my system but before i do i need a few questions answered. please only respond if you have experience and have actually installed/used liquid cooling.

1. Is it complicated?
2. how often do i need to replace the liquid?
3. What are some good liquid cooling kits?

And if you have anything else worthy of sharing, please tell me! also a set of instructions of how to install would be nice...if someone can post them.

Thanks all! your help will be very much appreciated!! :)

1. Not really. Depends on if you know what you're doing. You do need to be very careful to install it. If there are any leaks, it will ruin your computer.
2. Depends on the kit.
3. What is your budget?

Check these out. http://www.xoxide.com/watcoolkit.html

Honestly, you don't need liquid cooling in your computer. Only people overclocking their PC to it's limits, need it. Just get some nice high performance fans.

The thing with liquid cooling is that you can make your own liquid cooling system that runs cooler and is quieter than an air-cooled setup with high-performance fans.

But why would you need it for an everyday gamer? I could understand if he is going to be overclocking like crazy. But, still.

well i was looking to get something for my video cards, to drop their temperatures.
Sure, i probably really don't need it...but its something i'd like to have.

My budget is $300.00 CAD

*If you say i don't need liquid cooling for my vga cards, then tell me what i should get to improve their temperatures. same budget as above*

i would set up Rivatuner to crank up the fan when it gets around 70c.

i thought you were getting regular temps with your 9800GTXs. I wouldnt want to be messing with those type of things. for me, they sometimes end up not working anymore, and i wished i never messed with them.

why no just save the $300 in case something in your computer goes wrong?

If you are gonna go liquid, you may as well get a waterblock for your CPU and run a separate loop for that.

I'd go with this and two 92MM fans.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...d_Cooler_-_SLICrossFire_Ready_NVIDIA_ATI.html

looks good. i will go with this then :)

i would set up Rivatuner to crank up the fan when it gets around 70c.

i thought you were getting regular temps with your 9800GTXs. I wouldnt want to be messing with those type of things. for me, they sometimes end up not working anymore, and i wished i never messed with them.

why no just save the $300 in case something in your computer goes wrong?

yes i am getting decent temperatures...but i was hoping to drop the temps from 70 while gaming to low 60's.
Good idea, i will save the $300 and get the cooler cabbs suggested.

Get VGA coolers. You need SLI capable ones like this.

ive seen that one around...looks good. the one Cabbs suggested has better reviews i believe. Thanks for the suggestion, i will do some research before i decide on either one of the two.

Back
Top Bottom