Question about Drivers.

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
A while back I went through an ordeal with my computer, and ended up with a new harddrive and having to buy Windows XP. Now heres my question. Does XP come with all the drivers for everything stock on this comp? Nothing has been upgraded so everything is discless. I just can't understand how the OS doesnt have all the drivers. I have no sound, and it says I'm missing the driver for the Multimedia Audio Controller. I called HP, and they said they can't find the downloadable driver for it on thier site, and suggested I purchase their CD for $25 bucks which will put "EVERYTHING" that this computer came with back into it( ie, programs, OS,). Should XP include this? Did I do something wrong on install......=/

Thanks

I needed to install my drivers before I get the sound working...Windows cant possibly have a driver for every bit of hardware in the world

99nasha said:
I needed to install my drivers before I get the sound working...Windows cant possibly have a driver for every bit of hardware in the world

Drivers that you had on CD for a piece of hardware you installed?

Windows has drives for a lot of hardware that had come out before that version of windows did. However a lot of them are out of date and need to be updated. But it does not have everything.

Back
Top Bottom