Question about Computer Upgrade

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Right now, my brother has this
Compaq Presario SR5110NX
and have this motherboard in it
MCP61PM-HM
Except that we added another 512mb, an 7300 LE (I think), and changed it to XP. The mobo said it supports X2 4800+ up to 65NM, but problem is that I don't remember what my old CPU was, I know it's an X2 4800+, but don't know how much NM. How much would it make of a difference between that single core compared to my X2 4800+? Also, would you guys suggest we take out those 2 512MB and buy 2 1GB DDR2 ram? All he uses it for are just web browsing, music, and video. For XP, I think 1GB total would be enough, but what do you guys suggest?

What's the reason for upgrading? Is video laggy or is there some other problem that needs higher specs?

If it's just for the sake of it and there's no problems at the moment, I doubt you'll notice much of a difference. Might start up a bit quicker, videos might load a bit quicker - but if it's working fine with no quibbles as it is I honestly wouldn't bother. I've run XP on 512MB of RAM for the above tasks and it's never been an issue :)

No reason really, I am just used to computers as fast as mine, and kind of think that the computer is outdated, and might be nice for him to see a bit of improvement. So I should just leave it alone as changing to dual core (same speed as the current single core), and making the RAM to 2GB will just give a small boost of performance?

Ya, I don't think it will be that noticable. Maybe if you sat down with one as your's is now and one that is the same but with the upgrades and performed the same tasks you'd notice. But I doubt you'll notice it....

Back
Top Bottom