Question about the Asus A8N-SLI Mobo

AmishRebel

Baseband Member
Ok I got my mobo a few days ago along with the case and I installed it into the case. My Power supply is a 500 watt dual fan and exceeds the required wattage but I have a slight dilema. The mobo has a 24 pin power connector when the power supplies is only 20 pin. The power supply will plug into the first 20 slots but I'm afraid what might happen if I power it up. The tech at work says this "should" be perfectly fine because he beleive the extra 4 pins are just duplicates of other pins. Does anybody know if it is safe to leave those pins empty on this mobo, the manual calls for a 24 pin connector which I have never even seen or heard of. Powersupplies are kinda cheap and if I absolutely have to I guess I can replace it but I like the one thats in there it is a 500 watt dual fan ATX that came with the case and it's a really nice one. Anybody know if you can do this or not?

It shouldn't cause any harm to your motherboard. Although in some cases, the mobo didn't power up and in others it did. There is always the 20-24 pin connectors that you can get for like 2$. Keep your power supply and see if it powers up. If not, go buy yourself a 20-24 connector.

Back
Top Bottom