PSU Problem

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
hey guys hope your holiday is goign well :)

but i gots a little problem. this morning i opened up my aspire 600w PSU and plugged everything in but it will not start up.

i have an eMachines and on the other PSU that came with the computer, it had a 4 pin connector that plugged into the mobo next to the CPU and the fan. now the aspire has a 4 pin connector with it but it doesn't match up with the plug on the motherboard.

the only thing i can plug this connector in is with the main power connector and when i do this the computer will start up but will not boot. the fans just spin at their highest point and don't stop.

also the 4 pin connector is a square not in a linear way, just in case if some of you thought i was talking about the connectors that go into the HD and stuff.

i would like to make this work but if it is not capable of working in my computer i will return to get a new one. any suggestions plese???

if anyone needs pics to see what i'm talking about just ask for them, thanks guys:)

this is the 4 pin connector i was talking about that is from my aspire 600w
v001bv7.jpg

and this is my 4 pin connector from my 300w stock psu that came with my eMachine.
v002lh7.jpg

here is the jumper or plugged that i need it to plug into. the 300w connector plugged in fine because the holes fit perfectly and it had a clip on it that made it fit in snug. now the one for my aspire psu will fit in there but it will not be seated correctly. there is no clip or anything.
v004ot2.jpg

now here is the main power connector to my motherboard (above green line) and next to it is the 4 pin connector that i've been having trouble with (green circle). now it seems to fit next to it perfectly but when i boot it up the CPU fan starts spinning at its highest rate and the computer will not boot up.
v005qc2.jpg

now lastly here is the 300w psu that has the 4 pin connector where it belongs and the 20 pin main power connector where it belongs. now if i'm not mistaken the 4 pin connector from the aspire should go where the 300w 4 pin connector goes to now, right?
v006.jpg

i feel like i'm doing something wrong, and i probably am but this is the first time i ever put a PSU into a computer. thanks in advance.

Well im just guessing here, but i reckon that they are probably specific to your computer, they dont look like the standard connectors that ive ever seen.

There is a plug on your aspire that looks like this:
17-148-024-09.jpg

That is the one that plugs into the four pin next to the CPU.

The other stays right where it is attached to the main power connector. :D

Back
Top Bottom