Programs at startup

BSOD1

Baseband Member
How do i change which programs start at "startup". Got a few programs that are annoying that i don't want starting up when they feel like it, lol.And in other news, there is not a 12-pack of beer big enough for me to reformat and reinstall ALL my drivers, programs and such, if only there was a way to keep all that stuff or some of it in reformat, that should be a future update, lol

thanks alot, now it doesn't take a hour to boot, nowabout ten seconds. I didn't realize how many programs were starting at the same time.

BSOD said:
thanks alot, now it doesn't take a hour to boot, nowabout ten seconds. I didn't realize how many programs were starting at the same time.

Yeah unfortunately gone are the days that the Startup menu was used. All programs now write themselves into the System Registry. So as said previously by The_Other_One, you can either use MSConfig, or you can also edit the Registry Directly, but only do that if you know what you are doing.

Cheers,
Chris :)

thanks alot guys, i didn't go into the registry because the programs that start on there own are mostly programs i need, but i don't want them starting all at the same time lol. But the one i didn't need i blitzed with Adware SE, then spybot, then nortan antivirus in safemode, the stragglers i did go into the registry for, and also simply did a search and deleted some other ones.

Back
Top Bottom