Programs going crazy

lostsoul62

Baseband Member
My excel started inputting like you had your finger on the keyboard but all kinds of things were flickering and now a couple of hours later my webcam pictures went crazy changing screens 5 times each second. I'm wondering what could cause this? Bad RAM, CPU, screw up motherboard, or is my Windows 7 having a nervous breakdown? I even uninstalled Office and reinstalled and so far so good. I had quest Internet put on and an upgrade with my webcam. The webcam upgrade was a big upgrade so I wonder if that didn't do it. Maybe I should uninstall my webcam software and just put in what came with it and forget about upgrades. Everything was working good and I can't figure why I let them put in the upgrade. Oh Well!
Richard

Zombie computer. Kill it now, while it's still semi-mortal. I suggest holy water, but there are other methods as well.

Have you tried a different keyboard? Maybe a key got stuck or something. It happens...

Zombie computer. Kill it now, while it's still semi-mortal. I suggest holy water, but there are other methods as well.

You can also try black candles, a bottle of rum and a live chicken...

Have you tried a different keyboard? Maybe a key got stuck or something. It happens...

You can also try black candles, a bottle of rum and a live chicken...

Ah, yes, and a Ouija board. Great idea, I forgot about that...

Anyhow, can't hurt to run memtest86+, might be a bad stick or something. I know my computer had all sorts of wacky problems when I first built it until I found out the RAM was bad.

Have you run a virus/malware scan? That's what it sounds like to me.

If not, the issue sounds like your chipset went bonkers. Use everest to check if it is overheating and post your temps here.

I think it was the webcam upgrade so I did a 4 day roll back and I think that might do it, it hope. If everything is working just fine and to your liking I'm just not going to do an upgrade if I don't need it. Programers sit around and think of what kind of crap can we add that the user don't need but we will give it to them anyway. Maybe it was the keyboard so I put my new wirerless keyboard back and when I take the garbage out next time and my computer is ok I'll just slip the old keyboard in with the trash.

Back
Top Bottom