program running i cant get rid of

smackfan761

Baseband Member
Does anyone know what this is: elitekye32.exe? It started running on my computer today and it's in the system startup. I tried unchecking it, but it just keeps returning when I restart my computer. It's located in C:\windows\system32\elitekye32.exe. It's causing popups to come up every 30 seconds or so. I have Ad-Aware SE Pro and it finds it and removes it, but it just keeps on coming back. I havent downloaded anything recently so I dont know where it could've come from. Anyone know what this is and how I can get rid of it?

"startup faster! 2004" will at least stop it from starting when your pc turns on. If you can bac up your ikmportant files i suggest you just format it by doing:
start>my computer>right click hard drive(c/)>click format>close out programs>format.

Why don't you try disabling it from your registry.
START>RUN type REGEDIT
In the top left of the registry editor click so the sign besides MY COMPUTER is a +; then click EDIT then FIND and type elite and click till you editor stops on elitekye32.exe and delete it. Press F3 to continue to find other keys.
Another way is to use jv16 which you can download from www.zdnet.com which is a registry cleaner. Once all the keys are removed from the registry you will be able to reboot and easily remove all traces in your windows explorer.

Back
Top Bottom