Problems: New computer setup

AL

Beta member
Having a bit of trouble seting up a new computer. All the stuff is in its right place, all is powered correctly (I think?), but the SATA drive is not being recognised. I ended up getting the Seagate 120GB SATA drive, as it was the only one they had.
I enter BIOS, and the only drive that is recognised is the CDRW. Apparently it doesent matter where you put the SATA drive, there is no master/slave thing. I have tried everything. BIOS recognises if I put in a different (older) HDD in, but the SATA drive is not recognised, and cannot be Auto-Detected. I just checked the Seagate site and they are talking about using Diskwizard 2003, and checking FDISK, or new drivers. I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone help?

Also, I have a copy of Windows 2000 Pro, how do I set this up on this new disk? How do I install an OS on a new system?

To install a new os you just insert the CD and boot from it. For the hard drive, I don't really know. Are you sure your board recognizes SATA?

Yeah, Windows will talk you all the way through the installation.

Maybe the Drive is too new for the Motherboard? Or as David said the Motherboard just doesn't do SATA - personally I've never heard of it!

Back
Top Bottom