Problems with new build

sweetooth6669

Solid State Member
I need some help please. I started a build a while ago and things got busy and it was pushed to the side. Now I'm trying to get it done but it's not starting up properly. When I push the power button, the LEDs light up, the fans turn on (processor and power supply)...but nothing comes up on the screen (no BIOS screen or anything, and yes the monitor is on and plugged in).

I have built my own computer before but I needed help. This time, it seems the same thing is happening, but the fix from the last time isn't working this time. Last time, putting the washers on the screws that tighten the motherboard down to the chassis was the fix...but it didn't help this time.

Here's the build...maybe I grabbed an incompatible component?

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Heka 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor HDZ720WFK3DGI - Processors - Desktops

HD:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

RAM:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

from what i see in your build, all of those components are compat. i dunno what to say, check all of your connections to your MB, GPU, etc?

Check all power connections to motherboard. There's the main 24 pin to the mobo and then a 4 pin connector over by the CPU. The one over by the CPU is regularly overlooked and I solved my brother's friend's computer problem (I think it was the same problem) by telling him to look for that.

I've checked those two power cords...they're in.

Quick question, someone else asked me about putting the brass standoffs into the chassis.

I have the brass standoffs on all the screws but where the chassis seems to be "lifted" and it looks like it doesn't require a brass standoff (i.e. it's at the same level of a brass standoff). If it needs brass standoffs at each of the screws, what do you do when you have this lifted portion? Don't put in a screw?

tried taking the ram out? leave 1 in.. change both...

Tried readjusting the cpu? take it out and add thermal on , make sure it;s enough thermal..

Try cleaning some dust on the ram (if any) or look if you placed the processor correctly. Does the system produce any beep sounds? or noises? for the system to be able to produce a beep you need to have an internal speaker connected to the motherboard.

I have the brass standoffs on all the screws but where the chassis seems to be "lifted" and it looks like it doesn't require a brass standoff (i.e. it's at the same level of a brass standoff). If it needs brass standoffs at each of the screws, what do you do when you have this lifted portion? Don't put in a screw?

They are built into the case and act the same as a standoff so yes put a screw in. Make sure there are no built in standoffs touching any part of the motherboard that doesn't have a screw hole for it.

Back
Top Bottom