problems displaying video on tv

semtex

In Runtime
hello people,

I've got an Nvidia GeForceFX5700 graphics ard which has a tv output. everything works fine on the tv but if i try to play any sort of video file the video on the tv is blank and if i go full screen it is also blank. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I get that same problem with any video format playing in windows media/winamp/media player classic/real etc.

any ideas?

Thanks

It is quite likely that the video output is just not capable of being shown through the tv out on your card. I would try it on other tvs and if it doesnt work either thats your culpret, if it does work its the TV itself

Can you specify the type of tv out (s-video or basic - the yellow cable)? Also, are you playing a dvd or VCD? Also, you have to set it to tv in the graphics properties... Look for "Force TV Detection" if it doesnt detect the tv.

It's an S-Video output. I get the windows desktop on the TV fine - everything is displayed fine apart from video, weather it be DVD VCD .AVI .MPEG you can see the video on the computer monitor but just get a black box on the tv. I did have it working once but i;ve formatted and reloaded a few times since then.

Did you try resizing your res on your tv? Had the same problem, the TV was unable to display high res.

Cheers!:)

fantastic, Mr F! i reduced the resolution and i can send any video window over to the TV and still have a normal desktop on the PC monitor. Top job dude, thanks for your help.

when i do the same from my laptop, i have to turn the laptop screen off for it to be displayed on the tv.

you should be able to tell windows to use both at the same time in display properties. There should be an option to either clone the desktop or spread it over 2 screens

Back
Top Bottom