Problems booting up

ghosty

Baseband Member
Hi
I recently installed my SATA Western digital raptor harddisk into my computer along with a SATA controller card as my old motherboard doesn't have SATA. I then setup a new windows xp OS into the new harddisk. HOwever I seem to encounter problems every now and then when I try to boot up my computer. Either the computer says

1) INvaild system file bah bah bah *like I have no windows*
2) it just gives me a blackscreen and a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner Its like the new harddisk isn't there.

But then I checked the installation to the new harddisk and everything seems fine and the SATA controller card also detects the harddisk fine during bootup. I mean the SATA cable is connected and the power is also there I use the normal power supply for the SATA harddisk.

I have a 350 W power supply. Is it enough to power up 3 harddisk and 1 DVD and 1 CDRW drive? Because i heard that I might not have enough power.

Oh and on the controller card, i was suppose to connect the HDD LED from the computer to the HDD busy connector on the SATA controller card and I have no idea where it is as I can't find my motherboard's manuel! My motherboard is a MSI KT4V argh.. I am going crazy with this... please help...

WEll Sata is just so new and alot of people are facing simular problems. I am sorry that I cant help, wish I could.

Dont know about the power but your HDD LED. On the bottom right hand corner of your motherboard you'll see a bunch of 1pin 2pin 3pin cables etc coming from your case to your motherboard . The HDD LED is usualy the top one for an MSI board and is the only one that faces horizontaly, So take it out put your controller card hdd led in and then put your case one back on top of it, as i assume it will be a kind of extention..sorry if i sounded complicated

This sounds weird but the hard drive might have gotten stuck and cant read the disc and this isn't me but people at Computer Rennasaince take the hard drive out and drop it lightly on a carpeted floor and it gets loose and might be able to work. It didnt work for me I ahd the cursor too I had to Bootup my windows disc. and reinstall

Back
Top Bottom