320GB
512 sdram
dvd burner
6.1 speakers
19" widescreen LCD monitor
sapphire radoen 9250
creative sound blaster live 24-bit
thats abt it

ok, my compter is like 5 years old, i changed the pwr supply on it from the factory to proper replacement, my problem is everytime i start up the computer it doesnt start up, cd rom's lights are flashing and u hear the fan going on and off,but after awhile its boots. then another thing is, everytime i put in a cd of any sort, the computer crashes, i dont kno y, my theory is that im putting too much load on the comp and the comp doesnt either have enough pwr coming to it or its just too old.

can anyone help me out with this?

Yeah, here is a solution:

Throw it out the window.

Seriously: The amount of RAM is really small, and the start up problems may stem from that. As for the disk, are you sure your burner is up to date with everything? Some of the cables might be off.

Your best solution is to make a new comp (sorry if that sounds harsh)

i was lookin for that answer anyway, lol.. but im not in the financial position to get a new one, so is there anyway to extend the life. like the computer is fine unless u need the cd drives or if the power goes off. other then that it runs perfectly fine.

Well, you can get 1 Gig of SDRAM, and put in a new cd drive. Have you defragged your HD? That might also be a problem. Also, back up your data, and try a clean install of your OS. After 5 years I think that a fresh install would do wonders.

lol, its gets funnier, ummm i maxed out my ram capacity, getting a new cd drive is a possibility and i have done many reformat during the five years, and a format not so long ago, but i will try defrag my hd and back up my data

ill have to look into how to back up my data, but thats a whole nother problem by it self

Wow, if you max out at 512 MB... Well, still, back it up and reinstall the OS. It will run sort of like new. Unless all your hardware is F'ed up, in which case reinstalling the OS won't even work, so you have nothing to lose.

Back
Top Bottom