Problem uninstalling a program...

superman22x

Golden Master
I have a version of adobe photoshop I want to install. It won't let me install it because it says I already have the program installed. I did install the Adobe CS3 Master collection some time ago... but I lost the installer. And photoshop is not in the programs list in control panel... any other way I can delete it or uninstall it?...

First look in the Start>Programs list to see if a folder is present there. That may see the uninstall option. Often things will be placed there while not see in the add/remove or Features+Programs with Vista. The last option would be a manual edit of the system registry to the main keys removed there plus manually deleting the files and folder found in Program Files.

I wasn't sure if they also provided a cleaner like many other softwares see. But that will remove all reg entries and may even cleanup files and folders for the Adobe suit you originally saw go on for you.

Crap Cleaner is not an atomic powered jackhammer for the registry. It's a safe, field proven tool good for use by those not knowing the dangers of more powerful reg tools. And if you ask most of the members here and at a lot of other computer forums, it is a recomended program.

I've tested various registry cleaners and have CCleaner on here for what it was intended for. The removal tool for Adobe is intended for cleaning off the older installation as seen there over the limited option found in the "crap cleaner". This is why superman22x saw immediate results.

Back
Top Bottom