problem with my Watercooling and GFX

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
ok as you may know i recently got a new ati x800xl all in wonder grahpics card and a thermaltake se with the vga block. i got a new case and when i go to move the stuff to the new case i turn on my pc first to make sure it all works good so i know if i damaged it or not. so i turn my pc on i hear the fans go on but the fan on my water cooling kit doesnt go one. but the whole things is still running. i check my temps and it was all around 30c. then all of a sudden my screen goes blank and my computer shuts off so i thought it was overheating so i replaced everything with the stock stuff and new thermal pase. i started it up and same thing all of a sudden it turns off. but i put in my old radeon 9250 and it runs like a charm. is my graphics card fried? and what do you think is wrong with my cooling? i made sure all connections were good i even had a freind come over to check it all over. so i have no clue.

Did you make sure you tighten the water block too tight? You may have screwed up the card. Did you try using the video card in another comp? I know that you said you used an old card in the new pc but have you used the new card with an older or different pc?

i dont know if i should because i dont want it to mess up any other computers. no the block was loose but only very little only enough that if you really tried it would move. i will go try it on different pc.

ok tried the new graphics card one a computer that has a working 500watt powersupply and the stock fan doesnt even start up. im so mad now this stuff is pretty much brand new. and if you guys want jacs aim or something pm him not one someone elses topic

Back
Top Bottom