Problem with Internet Explorer

jimboclaire

Solid State Member
Hi all, My problem is this: After installing and re-installing ie 7 plus ie 7 pro i am getting the same problem, when i try to make a new folder in any window the same messages come up firstly 'ineternet explorer has encountered a problem and must close' after this 'dr watson has encountered a problem and must close'. In itself these are more irritating than a problem but sometimes the errror message does not disappear from the screen, sometimes resulting in a forced shutdown to see my full screen again. Also if I open start and click a folder, my toolbar disappears and re-appears but the folder does not open. Can anyone shed light on this problem. If you require a highjack this then i have the program and will gladly post this? Ps Have rolled back to ie 6 ver 2900.2180 and the problem is still there!!!!

well i personally dont like IE due to the security so i have switched to FireFox and i haven't had a problem yet with any viruses. If i where you i would just switch to FireFox and the problem would b sloved. if that dont work then i dont no wat to say =(

shot in there dark but you run a virus/spyware test? i mean if your getting an internet explorer error message when making a folder in a regular window (correct?), theres no reason to be getting an error towards it. also dr. watson is microsofts debugging tool to internet explorer.

if you can't find any virus' or spyware, i'd suggest downloading a different browser like firefox just to see if the problem is IE7

Ronco rox, Thnx for the advise, I have firefox, which is hip, but i still need ie something for certain applications an it is there in the background. What i was asking is there any program that will completely eliminate ie because i have tried a few and it is still there!!

Ronco rox, Thnx for the advise, I have firefox, which is hip, but i still need ie something for certain applications an it is there in the background. What i was asking is there any program that will completely eliminate ie because i have tried a few and it is still there!!

Don't get rid of IE, you may need it for a webpage that doesn't work with any other browser... I don't know that you can get rid of it anyway, if you can then it's probably not worth doing unless you hate IE that much...

Back
Top Bottom