problem with installing my new video card

ktrio730

Beta member
Everything I have read online is telling me to disable and then remove the actual video card (geforce 6150 se), and then installing the new card (8600 gts). Problem is, first of all the uninstall won't work properly, every time I restart the computer, it tells me its searching for the drivers for the 6150 again.

Also, I can't find the card on the computer. I think it's integrated into the motherboard (if this is possible.) Whether that's the case or not, how do I get the computer to recognize the new card? It's in perfectly, yet it keeps mentioning the 6150. Thanks for any help. I wish this was easy (for me) lol.

I imagine the card is inbuilt. If thats the case, make sure that your cable is plugged into your 8600 and disable your on board one and reboot

what cable? I have the two power cords hooked up. Is it normal that both of the power cords only have three prongs on them (out of the possible four)?

I imagine the card is inbuilt. If thats the case, make sure that your cable is plugged into your 8600 and disable your on board one and reboot
It's onboard alright

what cable? I have the two power cords hooked up. Is it normal that both of the power cords only have three prongs on them (out of the possible four)?
Mate, he's talking about the signal cable from the monitor, make sure you swap that over (the big blue plug) from the onboard graphics plug to the plug on the new video card.

Back
Top Bottom